This past week - really the past 6 to 8 weeks - has been really tough mentally. I've struggled and felt more down and depressed than I think I've ever felt. Some days it's been all I can do to keep my chin up and make it to the end of the day in one piece. Over this past weekend, I'll be honest that there were times where mentally I was struggling more than I thought I could bear.
But, guess what? I didn't die from mental exertion. I'm still here to tell the tale, although I may need therapy. ;) Even when it sometimes feels too hard to stay positive in those rough moments, in the end, my thoughts are what dictate my beliefs and shape my experiences. I have a choice if I am going to choose to see the good or if I am going to focus on the difficulties.
Even though it can be so hard to see the good in a struggle, it is worth it. Life is too short to love otherwise.
No comments:
Post a Comment