Search This Blog

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Locks of Love



Off and on throughout my life, I've had long hair. (See above picture circa 2001)Generally, I'll grow my hair out for a year or two and then chop it off. (see below picture circa 2004)



This is a pattern I repeat often mostly because it's expensive to get my hair cut, my hair is fairly healthy (I rarely blow dry it or straighten it) and so I only get it cut once every 1-1/2 years or so. For years, I've wanted to donate my hair to locks of love or some such organization that would provide wigs for children who are in need for whatever medical reason. 7 years ago, my sister cut TWENTY INCHES off my hair randomly late one night and I wasn't able to donate it. This process of cutting so much of my hair off has been repeated SO often, but I just haven't had the opportunity to donate that hair.

Recently, it's come to my attention that my hair is starting to get long again from the last time I cut it, April 9th, 2007. This time I am consciously making the decision to donate my hair to locks of love. Even though I want a hair cut RIGHT NOW, I've decided to grow it out for a few more months to make sure that it's good and long enough. And then I'm going to donate it to Locks of Love! Check out their website to find out more information about this non-profit organization. I'm really excited to donate my hair. I know that it's for a good cause.

(In the picture below you can sort of see how long my hair is getting, although it's grown at least another inch since this picture was taken at my sister's wedding. Also, consider that my hair is anywhere for 4-6 inches longer when pulled straight. It's getting long! I'll try to get a more recent picture of my hair! )

6 comments:

brandi said...

Cute pictures Sarah!! It's funny, I did the same thing for so long.. [grow my hair out and then cut it all off and repeat]. That is so awesome that you are going to donate your hair though. I totally would too but my hair had been dyed so many time before even though I haven't touched the color in years, the ends are still coated in bleach and dye. Haha. Anyways - I love the short hair picture you posted. I think you look really good with that style. Good luck with the donation thing, that is really awesome of you!!

Christine said...

Sarah, right on for wanting to donate your hair! I donated mine a little over a year ago. I thought I was going to go crazy because I was so sick of long hair when it was barely time to be able to cut it off. Anyway, I'm excited to see before and after pics when you do donate!

Unknown said...

Good on you. I do the exact same thing, and donate to Locks of Love! I started several years ago when my aunt was battling breast cancer. She personally didn't want a wig, but I'm so glad that my hair is out there helping some little girl to feel just a little bit of comfort.

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to do that too! But I of course was a bit worried that my hair has TOO MUCH splitends to be accepted >.<

Shane and Michelle said...

Your hair is so long and pretty. I'm jealous! Donating to locks of love is a great thing to do.

Lindsay said...

Sarah your hair is gorgeous. That's all i have to say right now. And we love you

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails