Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Life Updates

You may be wondering why I haven't posted much the past 6 weeks or so. Well, Evan's faithful laptop that we've been using as our main computer kicked the bucket (or so we thought). We had been toying around with the idea of getting a new computer for a while, but just didn't really want to pull the trigger quite yet. When Evan's laptop starting having problems last month (right before Evan was about to start his nursing program) we decided that we needed to get a solid desktop computer for Evan to do his homework and for our family to use in the future.

Unfortunately, what was an easy thought turned into a long, arduous process. After pricing  things out, we decided we'd get a faster, overall better computer if Evan built it himself. It sounded straight-forward and he has friends and family that were helping know what to buy and how to install everything correctly. But then the hard drive we got from his brother was bad. And then the operating system we were trying to install wouldn't work properly. And then and then and then... After several weeks of no computer, we finally got the sucker up and running. Hooray! It works like a champ. Except we are now running Windows 8, which I'm not a huge fan of. But, we have an amazing desktop computer with tons of hard drive space for my pictures and music. I can't complain!

So, although I'd like to write a family update right now, I am merely writing to say that I have made the decision to put our family pictures onto a private blog. I have been considering this idea for a while, but a recent story I saw on instagram about people's pictures of their children being misused on the internet made me a little nervous. I try not to share personal information on my public blog about where we live or where we work. Were my dad alive, he would be up in arms that I even have a public blog in the first place! He believed in identity theft before identity theft was an actual problem!

I digress. The point is, I love writing and I also enjoy updating about our lives as much as I love reading all of your blog posts about your families' lives! I know that it is easier for me to have a public blog for the purpose of feed readers. I will continue to maintain this public blog, but will keep more personal family stuff on our new private blog: The Stout Stories. You can subscribe to emails from that blog to stay updated (as, unfortunately, my posts will not appear in any feed reader). If you would like to keep reading family updates, please send me your email address so you can be added to the viewers list: kuhlsarse {at} gmail {dot} com. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails