Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Project Baby: 52 Weeks Old

WOW! How did my sweet little baby get to be one year old already?! I can't believe actually how much he honestly has grown up not only in the past few weeks of us being in Germany, but really just this past week. He went from looking like a baby a week ago to looking like a toddler! Some things this week:


  • We finished up our last few days in Europe and got back to America on Thursday! YAY! Harrison was so happy to see his daddy when we got to the airport. He was also such a good little sweetie pie on the airplane too! This flight was definitely better for him. (NOT FOR ME! I threw up twice, including at the end of the flight and the guy sitting next to me just picked up Harrison and played with him until we landed and I stopped throwing up.) He slept during the middle and at the beginning (courtesy of a little Benadryl action). Even though the flights were hard with a baby, I'm so grateful to have such a sweet baby who was as good as can be expected on a trans-atlantic flight!
  • Something funny this week is that Harrison stopped saying, "What?" all of the time and now started saying, "What is it?" all jumbled together with some funny rolled tongue action. It really is cute and cracks me up! Love this boy!
  • Speaking of speaking... Harrison is clearly trying to talk to us as much as possible (when he is not busy being a baby. I love his little made up words and expressions.
  • Harrison has had a really rough time getting over jet lag since we've been back home. The first night we were home, he slept from 4:30pm until 12:30am. I kept trying to get him to go back to sleep, but finally just gave up around 1am and Harrison and I did a bunch of laundry and cleaned together for a few hours until I eventually put him back to bed. Poor guy and poor me! It has definitely been really rough on us both trying to get back into the swing of things!
  • Harrison has been really whiny and wanting to be held since being home. Part of it is the jet lag, part of it is the teething, and part of it is probably just the insecurity of traveling around so much! I am definitely grateful that he is now able to crawl around our whole baby-proofed house and I don't have to monitor his EVERY move! So nice!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails