Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Project Baby: 30 Weeks & a Family Hike

I know I always say this, but I feel like every week Harrison is doing SO MANY new things. In fact, daily there are so many new things he is able to do that he couldn't do or wasn't proficient at from the day before. Truly, having a child is like seeing the world with new eyes. For, indeed, to that child, the world is NEW. It's funny who objects that are incredibly simplistic and mundane to adults are fascinating to children. It makes me want to find more joy in the simple pleasures in life again.

Thoughts this week:
  • Harrison started/ended the week SICK! Poor guy. He has a cough and cold that isn't getting better. I took the day off on Tuesday to take him in to the doctor for an eye infection. His eye infection got better (mostly) after using the drops prescribed by the doctor. We found out at his appointment that he had gained nearly 1 pound in the past 2.5 weeks! As of Tuesday, he weighed 19 lbs. 2 oz.
  • This week, we broke down and borrowed (then bought our own) a humidifier for Harrison. It has helped him to sleep longer in the night back to 6 hours. HALLELUJAH! Doesn't sound like much, but it is so nice when this cough/cold has been keeping him from sleeping in the night and the day. I can't wait for him to get better! It feels like it has been forever since he could breath normally!
  • Harrison started open-handed patting things this week. It's SO cute! I love when babies do that. He just wants to pat everything and grab EVERYTHING. 
  • The past while, Harrison will try to dive out of our arms to get something he wants or to go see someone (like me or Evan). It's been really cute to have Harrison purposefully lean to come see me when someone else is holding him.
  • Towards the end of this week, Harrison started sticking his tongue out more. I don't know if it has to do with teething, but it's so funny to see his little tongue just sticking out sometimes.
  • Along those same lines, he has been blowing bubbles for a month or so now and loves doing it. He also loves when we do it back!
  • Harrison figured out this week how to bang the keys on the piano. Before, he had lightly tapped the keys and wasn't interested, but I sat down with him on my lap and he LOVED banging the keys.
  • His happiest time of the day is still in the morning. He and I always play a little in the mornings before I have to get ready to go to school. I love how happy he is when he first wakes up! He loves when I pat his mouth, but HATES when I touch his nose, even when playing.
  • Harrison's favorite book is this favorite a fabric lift-the-flap animal book about love. We lay down and read it together over and over. He loves playing with the flaps and is usually patient when we read through the book. Usually when we read board books, he isn't so patient to keep reading and reading, but he will be with this fabric book.
  • This Saturday, we went on a hike together as a family. We hadn't done that since he was 2 months old and now he's 7 months old! YIKES. I need to get back in shape. Harrison and I also went on 3 long walks this week, two of which we were with Evan too.
  • Harrison is getting food EVERYWHERE when he eats. He is a really good eater, but he is such a fast mover and loves grabbing so much that it results in food getting everywhere. With one child, it's totally manageable and cute, but it may not be so cute when we have a second child!
  • One last thing for this week is that he has been panting when he gets super excited about something. It cracks us up! This combined with sticking out his tongue makes us think he wants to be a little puppy dog! :)



 


Love how fast his hands are moving in this one!

Had to laugh at this picture from our hike... I guess that's why you always ask the person to take two pictures, right?!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails